Thursday, July 29, 2010

Booking Through Thursday--Beach Buddies

This week's Booking Through Thursday question (suggested by Joy) made me think, and then it made me laugh:

Which fictional character (or group of characters) would you like to spend a day at the beach with? Why would he/she/they make good beach buddies?

There are quite a few fictional characters I've imagined having dinner with, but I've never thought about going to the beach with any of them! And imagining Persuasion's Anne Elliot, or Pride and Prejudice's Elizabeth Bennett on the beach in sunglasses and a tankini made me giggle. Though maybe they'd be up for a beachside margarita...

That said, there are plenty of fictional characters I would be interested to meet--including Albus Dumbledore, Jeeves and Wooster, Dorothea Brooke, and Lisbeth Salander--because they are wise or witty or amusing or mysterious, but I think I'll keep bathing suits out of the imaginary equation.

Which fictional characters would you most like to meet, and why?

3 comments:

Sara Harricharan said...

Heehee--I can just imagine Jane Austen characters traipsing along the shore. What a fun question!

Gentle Reader said...

Sara--makes you laugh, right? I liked the question, too :)

Red said...

Now I have the image of Dumbledore in a bathing suit in my head :)

There's an award waiting for you over at my blog!