Stephanie over at Stephanie's Confessions of a Book-a-holic tagged me for the "Eight Things About Me" meme today. Not sure I'll come up with 8 interesting things, but I'll try.
I've noticed two things while figuring out what to say about myself--1) Stephanie and I have a lot in common and 2) lots of my favorite bloggers have been tagged with this one.
Here are the rules:
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Okay, here goes:
1. Three of my ancestors were executed as witches in what some call "the witch delusion" in Salem, Massachusetts in 1692.
2. I have scoliosis and wore a brace on my back from age 10 to age 15, which, yes, includes what I like to call "the land without pity"--junior high.
3. I am afraid to fly, and yet I know that my fear is absolutely irrational, and it doesn't keep me from doing it. Though once I took the train from Los Angeles to New York--three days--rather than get on a plane. It was a really great experience, but it made me get back on planes pronto...
4. I (like Stephanie) was in a sorority in college. And, as Stephanie says, to know me now is to laugh at that. Not my finest hour, but I made some good friends.
5. Like Jenclair (at A Garden Carried in the Pocket) I still have my last pair of toe shoes. Also battered, also in a box, in a closet, but I plan to hang them in my daughter's room because I think they'll make a nice decoration.
6. And since I'm in sync with Jenclair, I'll also say that my favorite city is Edinburgh, too. My dad is from Scotland, and we used to go there to visit all the relatives on his side of the family, and I fell in love with Edinburgh. I like London, too.
7. I want to learn meditation. But I can't seem to find the time! How pathetic is that? Now that I've written it down, maybe seeing those words on the screen will shame me into figuring out how to make time.
8. I love driving vacations, and my husband doesn't. But we've agreed on starting small and trying to get to a few great spots here in California this summer. With three kids in the mini-van--I'm nuts!
Okay, I'm going to tag 8 blogging buddies--and sorry if you've already been tagged. Don't worry if you don't feel like doing it--it's just for fun.
John at The Book Mine Set
a.book.in.the.life at a.book.in.the.life
Matt at A Variety of Words
Bookfool at Bookfoolery and Babble
SFP at Pages Turned
Bellezza at Dolce Bellezza
Literary Feline at Musings of a Bookish Kitty
Brad at Turning Pages
Hope you're feeling like sharing!